Losing a loved one is a very stressful and emotional time. We aim to alleviate that stress by assisting with all your legal matters smoothly, quickly and with empathy. We can assist you with applying to the High Court to obtain the probate or letters of administration and in the process of administering the estate, including applying for insurance policies to be paid out, closing accounts, paying debts and distributing assets.
We also have expertise in providing legal advice on your rights to bring a claim against an estate under the Family Protection Act 1955, the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 and the Law Reform (Testamentary Promises) Act 1949.
There are a number of complexities involved when administering an estate that we can assist you with:
- Applying for and obtaining probate (if there is a Will) or letters of administration (where there is no Will) from the High Court
- Confirming any assets and debts
- Closing accounts including bank accounts, utility accounts, credit cards
- Ensuring insurance policies are paid out as soon as possible
- Liaising with the beneficiaries
- Transferring property such as the family home to the new owner
- Paying debts, tax and advertising for creditors
- Distributing the assets and accounting for everything in a final statement
- Advising on challenges to a Will or potential claims against the estate
We can assist overseas law firms and estate administrators with resealing in New Zealand probate and letters of administration obtained overseas and with administrering estate assets located in New Zealand.
For more information, please contact:
- Hayley Boud on email@example.com or DDI (07) 839 7632
- Dan Harrison on firstname.lastname@example.org or DDI (07) 839 7631
To read more about Estate Administration please click here.